My second pen - a nicer acrylic this time

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RichF

Nice job. You made some great progress from your clown vomit pen to this one. After you get your process down you can eliminate some of your issues, and focus on refining your design. At this pace, I expect to see you making some really nice pens soon.

SDB777

What grits are you sand through? And are you sanding the length of the pen blank after you go round-n-round? I'm seeing a ton of scratches around the blank.

Typically on a dark colored blank I'd skew, sand through MM12(being sure to sand 'against the grain' and wiping the 'grit' off before moving on to the next step) and finally hit it with some MacGuires PlastixPolish(yup, from the automotive store)....

Hope to see more advancements your making soon....your definitely around the top of the bell curve for most learning!

Scott (hope it didn't come out like bashing....wasn't meant that way) B

watch_art

Thanks!

As for sanding... uhm... haven't done much of that yet. I actually don't have any sandpaper right now. Ran out of money. :)

Right now I just really want to practice my turning. I turned a pretty decent barrel last night then ruined it by making the tenon for the cap threads 10mm instead of 12, and I put threads on it. Ugh... Had to cut the end off and recut and rethread the proper size. It's about 10 or 15mm shorter than I wanted... but lesson learned.

Top Bottom