My second pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Alejanders

Alejanders

Fist too ugly to show. :)

There is Ceylon Satinwood. Shellawax coating.

Attachments

• pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 203
  • pen2.jpg
    pen2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 128
  • pen0.jpg
    pen0.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 155
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alejanders

I will show first pen.
I have used mandrel and bushings that comes with lathe.

Mandrel was slightly curved and bushing diameter was 0,5mm more, then needed for slimline.
So, pen is not round, and been made wood-to-bushing, but not wood-to-nib.
Also, with lathe comes blanks (rounden and with glued tubes), but not from single piece of wood!

s640x480

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Both your turning and your English are amazing!!!

Thank you for participating in IAP!!!!

It seems that you know you can straighten the mandrel, but just in case you don't--take all the bushings and blanks off of the mandrel, but bring up the tailstock to support the end. Slowly bring a marker (felt tip if it is available) up to the spinning mandrel, using the tool rest to support the marker until it just touches the mandrel. This will leave a mark on one side of the mandrel. Stop the lathe and tap that side (gently) a couple times. This will bend it back to a straight bar, if done often enough.

Your pens look very good---Please inform us if we are suggesting materials that are not available to you!!

Welcome!

Alejanders

ed4copies, thank you very much!
I have used another mandrel and good bushings (from PSI).

Thanks too for material suggestion. Your exotic blanks wonderul, I will whink about it.

By the way, If somebody need real russian wood, maybe I can help.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I don't believe we have shipped to Russia yet----I am more interested in what you have availlable in your country, now.

From a "historical viewpoint", it is quite amazing to me to be able to communicate directly with people who were once our "sworn enemies"--even though we knew nothing about the PEOPLE, just the governments!!

A large improvement in world "relationships", I think. I look forward to getting to know more about you and your country!!

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
your pens look great......... my first few were not near that good. Heck some I do now are not that good. Welcome to the addiction............

Top Bottom