My Second Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Quality Pen

Quality Pen

Made from Holly that was included in a pack of blanks I bought in the classifieds.

It was a tough go because this time there was some odd spot in the wood that did not turn well at all. I actually was going to throw the whole thing out when I was turning it, but Christy convinced me to just turn it a little more, reshaping a bit. I was so suprised I ended up where I did, considering earlier I was telling myself "never holly wood again" lol.

I will give it a pass and allow holly back ;)

Attachments

• del-2nd pen.jpg
    del-2nd pen.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 243
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Very nice looking pen, you would never know you had any problems. Nice fit and finish. I also wondering if the blank is not maple.

Nice job on this pen. It also looks just like maple to me... Anyway it really doesn't matter you did a great job with it. Whenever you get working on a piece of wood that is giving you trouble don't give up on it. You will only learn through those hardships so if you just give up you won't learn. I have made hundreds of pens and have had trouble with some and still have trouble with some. This is how we learn and get batter at the craft.

plano_harry

Nice pen Bobby! Your sig says "here to learn" so if you want critiques as well as comments, put "C&C's welcome" in your post.

Harry

Cmiles1985

Well done! Always keep going; you never know what's inside of a square blank, and it's always a design change. And I agree with the non-pen advice above: ALWAYS listen to the misses!

Karl_99

Nice looking pen! I like the contours on it.

I have to agree with the others: it looks like maple and listen to the other half!

OZturner

Great pen, Bobby.
Good Profile and Lines,
From the photo it looks like you could have taken it a tad closer to the Nib diameter.
Excellent Finish,
For a Second Pen, Terrific.
Congratulations,
Brian.

tgsean

That is a good pen. Well done Bobby. Flaws in the timber are always an opportunity for design!

Top Bottom