My second fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JCochrun

JCochrun

My first fountain pen was made from deer antler. This one is varasite tru-stone. I know that for safety reasons, sleeves are usually frowned upon. After turning the tru-stone, I want sleeves if I turn it again. This thing had lots of little pieces of stone shooting out at my arm. Felt like little needles hitting me. Other than that, it was really easy to turn.

As always, comments/complaints/suggestions/donations are always accepted.

Jim

Attachments

• fountain_trustone_1.jpg
    fountain_trustone_1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 161
  • fountain_trustone_2.jpg
    fountain_trustone_2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 138
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom T

Very nice pen.
I have turned several true stone pens and did not seem to have to much of an issue.
I am only able to use my roughing gouge as when I use any other tool I screw up the blank.
So that may be why I did not get bet up when turning.
Tom

JCochrun

I also built a little photo cube out of plexiglass. I got the idea from here on IAP. It turned out really good and the photos are amazing. So much better than before. The other thing about it....I'm still using my iPhone to take the pictures.

Jim

nava1uni

I also built a little photo cube out of plexiglass. I got the idea from here on IAP. It turned out really good and the photos are amazing. So much better than before. The other thing about it....I'm still using my iPhone to take the pictures.

Jim

Very nice looking pen. You can wear long sleeves, as long as they are tight around the wrist. The same thing can happen with acrylics.

I used a light defuser that I got from homedepot to make my light box for my pens. It seems to work pretty well and makes my images much better. You are getting great images with that iPhone!

SDB777

Cool thing about the iPhone camera is the DOF you get from them, but the down side is usually the amount of crud built up from being handled all the time.

Not sure I remember getting wacked with anything from turning a Tru-Stone blank.......hmmm?

The pen is outstanding! Nice colored stone for that hardware, well done!!!!!

Scott (don't need a billion dollar camera to take photos) B

Top Bottom