My Second attempt....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fester

Fester

The first pen I turned was purple heart and I used HUT crystal coat.... got a dull finish, not quite what I was looking for.

Here is my 2nd attempt, Stabilized Colored Purple Box Elder with 10 coats of CA.

Stabilized_Purp_Box_Elder1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hilltopper46

Nice pen. Nice subtle purple and it looks like you got the CA finish in the bag.

A gentle suggestion - if you can, resize your pictures to about a 700 pixel maximum width. You should be able to do that with the software that came with your camera, or download Picasa from Google. There are other freeware programs out there as well.

Resizing the pic lets us surfers see the whole thing without having to scroll off the side of the screen.

rjwolfe3

Great looking pen. I love the skull and the background.

Tony is right though the pic is a little large. Standard for the net is 800x600. I learned that from working on my website.

Fester

Nice pen. Nice subtle purple and it looks like you got the CA finish in the bag.

A gentle suggestion - if you can, resize your pictures to about a 700 pixel maximum width. You should be able to do that with the software that came with your camera, or download Picasa from Google. There are other freeware programs out there as well.

Resizing the pic lets us surfers see the whole thing without having to scroll off the side of the screen.

The CA was a bit of a challenge... I didn't have and accelerator and the area I was working in was a little on the cool side so the CA took forever to do. And I was worried that I would sand through the CA, but when I looked at it with an eye loupe it still had voids in the finish so I had to sand it down and refinish it.

Thanks for the sizing suggestion, I'll keep my pics smaller from now on.

Fester

Great looking pen. I love the skull and the background.

Tony is right though the pic is a little large. Standard for the net is 800x600. I learned that from working on my website.

Thanks! I'll work on the pic size in my future posts :)

Top Bottom