for my SCUBA instructor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

I've been in the process of getting Open Water SCUBA certification and will do my 4 open water certification dives this weekend. I made this pen for my instructor. The wood is red mallee burl and the flag corian (red) and white plastic sheet from the trash at a local sign shop. Lots of good accent material in those sign company dumpsters. That's why I getting my <s>(dumpster)</s>diving certification.
As always comments welcome...good, bad, or indifferent.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200761201454_dive%20cigar%20small.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

You're a member of the British Society of Antimicrobal Chemotherapy? But I'm more impressed your a member of the British Sub Aqua Club. My wife has been diving for 8 years and she has finally convinced me to get certified. I look forward to diving somewhere besides our 10ft visibility muddy Texas lakes.
Thanks for the pen comments. It was a fun pen to make.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

posted by huntersilver[/i]
<br />As a BSAC diver, I can appreciate that pen, it really looks awesome!
[/quote]

PenWorks

Pen looks good, but I wouldn't give it him him till you come up from your last dive. [:D]
Don't forget, I still want the wood from the Spanish Armada fleet [:)]

its_virgil

The pen is mine until he signs off on 4 dives Sunday afternoon. I'll see what I can do on the Spanish Armada Fleet. Will you come visit me in the prison in Spain?[8D]
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Pen looks good, but I wouldn't give it him him till you come up from your last dive. [:D]
Don't forget, I still want the wood from the Spanish Armada fleet [:)]

gerryr

Very nice Don. My wife got certified in 1983 and I got certified in 1985. Diving is wonderful. If you want some great no hassle diving, go to Bonaire. We've been there twice and love it. There's not much else to do there besides diving, other than eating dinner at one of the great restaurants. Email me if you want to know more.

JimGo

Don, the pen looks great, but what are you thinking?!?!? SCUBA is almost as expensive as pen turning, and quite possibly even more addictive!

Oh, and don't respond to Gerry...he'll keep sending you pictures and E-mailing you pictures of the various dives and dive sites so you'll be REALLY tempted to go - which might not be a bad thing for you, but he did it to ME last year when I had a very young baby at home!!!!

rhahnfl

I'm amazed at the unlimited imagination in pen design. I think that would be a very popular seller to take along on a dive trip. Sell a few each trip to help finance it. [:D]

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Originally posted by JimGo
SCUBA is almost as expensive as pen turning, and quite possibly even more addictive!
But at least he can use the compressor from his pressure pot to fill the tanks!

Nice Pen Don!

Fred

Don, I too am a certified SCUBA diver with Open Water Certification and well over 3500 hours at 60 feet or better. I can honestly say that I have never seen anyone turning wood underwater. Danged if that wouldn't be the answer to everyone's dust and shavings problem. Just get in a current and turn all day long!

Hey, maybe "we" are onto something here. BTW, excellent pen and I am sure that your instructor will be proud to have it. Great job! [:D]

alamocdc

Looks like a dive flag to me... LOML and I have been open water certified since 1976... and the rest ain't bad either. But I have to ask, Don, where do you find open water in WF, TX?[}:)][8D]

Darley

Cool pen Don, good luck for your Open Water SCUBA certification I think your instructor will have no problem to sign it with this pen[:D] BTW you can keep all the gold chests you find but like Anthony say send me some wood from the galion[:p][:D]

its_virgil

The pen has a new owner and the world has a new Open Water SCUBA diver. We did 3 dives on Saturday and the 4th dive this morning. We then did a dive to explore the SCUBA park where we did the dives. It is in Athens (Texas, not Greece) just SE of Dallas 70 miles. Here is link: http://www.athensscubapark.com/home.htm The lakes here are not very clear, at least not close to where I live. The SCUBA park was not very clear this weekend because of all of the rain we have been having the last month... 8 foot visibility.

Thanks for all of the comments on the pen. It was fun to make, especially since it had a reason for its existence.

do a good turn daily!
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom