My Scrap Pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bsshog40

bsshog40

So I had half of a finished slimline blank, as I ruined the other half when I had first started making pens, and just kept it on a shelf in the shop until I could use it for something else. I was cleaning out my catching pan under my tablesaw and picked out all the little cutoffs I had from my other pens. I thought, what the heck, glue them together and see what happens. If I had thought, I would have made them a little more uniformed. It was just for funs and grins. Anyway, the final result is this Scrap pen. Lol

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

I know that this sounds dumb, but how do you do such a good job of gluing the different segments together? Your reply will really help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
I just took the cutoffs, one by one, and glued them together. Then put them in a clamp and let set for a few days. Longer than needed to be but I wasn't gonna turn them for a while. I used gorilla clear glue. First one I've done so it was more of an experiment. I'm sure the pros here have better methods. Lol

dogcatcher

The next time add to it, take the top and bottom blanks and cut them diagonally. Then glue the part of the top to the bottom and vice versa with the lower and top parts.

look sort of like this.

Another suggestion, glue pieces of veneer in between the pieces for more contrast to accent the different woods.

Also use a different background for the photo. According to the experts blue sucks as a background for photos.

bsshog40

Lol, on the blue towel. Thats a good idea on cutting diagonally. I really wasn't able to do this one like that as the top half was an already finished blank. But I get the idea of what your talking about. Just takes imagination huh. Lol

Top Bottom