My return to pen making

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from simomatra

simomatra

After what seems to be forever I have made a couple of pens for the youngest son's recent wedding, taken me ages to get to post some pictures. For those of you who don't know I have relocated to NSW from Queensland

The brides pen is a blank from CSUSA,called white marble and I used the nickel tubes to prevent the tube showing through.

The grooms pen is made from water buffalo from CSUSA I imported as a trial to see if it was possible to import.I aso used the black tubes on this one. Buffalo horn can have flaws in it and sometimes has grey and white streaks.

Both pens were sanded and polished up to 12k mm and then McGuires auto polish and finally brasso paste.

I am stil stepping around boxes and junk in the gargage most of the work has been centered inside the house or the graden at the moment. I no longer hve a seperate shed so rely on the spare garage space. Very happy with the move though.

The wedding was at Watego's Beach, Byron Bay NSW Australia great surfing place

After what seems to be forever I have made a couple of pens for the youngest son's recent wedding, taken me ages to get to post some pictures

The brides pen is a blank from CSUSA,called white marble and I used the nickel tubes to prevent the tube showing through.

The grooms pen is made from water buffalo from CSUSA I imported as a trial to see if it was possible to import.I aso used the black tubes on this one. Buffalo horn can have flaws in it and sometimes has grey and white streaks.

Both pens were sanded and polished up to 12k mm and then McGuires auto polish and finally brasso paste.

I am stil stepping around boxes and junk in the gargage most of the work has been centered inside the house or the graden at the moment. I no longer hve a seperate shed so rely on the spare garage space. Very happy with the move though.

The wedding was at Watego's Beach, Byron Bay NSW Australia great surfing place

P1030321.jpg

P1030323.jpg

P1030327.jpg

P1030324.jpg

Register-1.jpg

Cheers Sam

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Great pens and a beautiful couple!!!:biggrin:

I hope you have more luck than me with the Buffalo, I've made three different pens with it and they have all cracked about a year later.

jttheclockman

The pens did come out great. Nice work. I like the white marble alot and was wondering is there such a blank called black marble that has that marble effect but in black???

jtrusselle

Wow! Beautiful pens. You've created and crafted family heirlooms that will be passed through the generations with an everlasting story. What a wonderful gift.

Nickfff

Nice job and excellent presentation! I like the box-where did you get it? thx

simomatra

Thank you all it is great to be back even in a very small way at the moment.

Nick the boxes are available from here http://timberbits.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=173

David has lots of different boxes for presentation and display at reasonable prices I am sure he is a member here as well. He has hi pens on display in the Dayacom boardroom. How's that for bragging rights

Last edited:

mickr

the white one is spectacular..the buffalo horn : I have never made one that didn't crack sooner or later ..I understand that someone stabilizes these now because of that problem...

Top Bottom