My projects this Christmas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I haven't posted any projects in a while and thought I would share what kept me busy this fall and Christmas.

The first is a two tone chrome elegant beauty with a special requested Jonnathan Brooks alumilite blank. This is one of twelve I made (prior to engraving) for a friend at work for a memorial pen for his departed friends family. His request was the Irish flag colors. Jonnathan hit this one out of the park and was a huge success! Thanks again Jonnathan they loved them!

The second is a self cast green acorn on a Zodiac from Exoticblanks. This is one of thirty pens I made with these blanks, and my first successful alumilite cast, after seeing Curtis demonstrate then process at the last MPG. Thanks again Curtis! These were for the family Christmas gifts and my young sons teachers. They appreciated that he collected the acorn caps for them.

The next group went to co-workers. The first is a Nouveau Sceptre Ballpoint on a MAJ'K blanks. Second is a two tone chrome cigar made from a last minute left over alumilite self cast. The next cigar is on a blank named "Cougar" and the last is a cigar pen made from a Jeff Powell blanks called "Burning Bush".

The next picture is of two chrome Atrax ballpoints made from Jeff Powell "hand scrolled" blanks. These were gifts for my older two children. My daughter now ownes the Peace symbol pen and my son has the Dragon pen. Both were big hits, like all of the pens Ive made with Jeff Powell blanks. Great work, as always, Jeff!

The next picture is two bangles I made with Eric Goertz's (the bangleguy) stainless cores. I opted to make the blanks myself with chola cactus and alumilite. The green one was a gift for my wife and the blue went to a family member. The only problem with making these bangles is Everyone wants them.

The last pen is gold/gunmetal diplomat I made for a local bee farmer. I made the blank from clear casting a paper wasp honey comb in polyresin and reverse painting it with a couple mixtures of yellow.

Thanks for looking. All comments welcome.

Attachments

• Irish colors_800x536.JPG
    Irish colors_800x536.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 272
  • Zodiac acorns_800x480.JPG
    Zodiac acorns_800x480.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 282
  • Group_636x600.JPG
    Group_636x600.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 303
  • kids Atrax_800x436.JPG
    kids Atrax_800x436.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 297
  • cactus bangles_800x436.JPG
    cactus bangles_800x436.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 282
  • Hive_800x310.JPG
    Hive_800x310.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ambidex

veryveryvery nice..all are gorgeous and well fitted and finished..want to pick a fav..first and the honeycomb are eyecatching to say the least...very nice job!!:cool::cool:....edit..looked again..they are all beautiful

Last edited:

OZturner

John, You have set us an impossible task to Pick a Favorite.

They are all to darn Beautiful to Differentiate between them.

The selection of components, the Blanks, the Fit and Finish, are all Superb.
I give in.
Congratulations, Pure Master Craftsmanship all Round.
Brian.

Brooks803

They all look great John! I'm a bit partial to one in particular though :biggrin: The colors really did come out nicely in those.

One of these days I'm going to have to make some bangles. I have the cores, just need the time.

Top Bottom