My PP Cactus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hombre4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hombre4

Just thought I would post my PP Cactus. A Jr. Gent home brew PR. Any and all comments welcome.

Thanks...Archie

20061221163238_Jr.Gent%20PPCactus%20RB.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Originally posted by darin47462
<br />nice job..I like the colors really well.

Which is a good thing, because I don’t like them at all. Luckily everyone is different so I have no doubt somewhere out there is a possible buyer for it.

Now, from my mind, it's got a few probs. I think the blue clashes with the gold kit. I think it would have looked much better on a chrome kit. I'm assuming the PP was dyed? If so, the color didn’t carry though enough and it looks odd. In addition there need to be more of the skeleton than you're showing here. Are we dealing with colored resin, colored tubes, or painted holes? I ask because it's not a consistent blue through out.

That's my spin on it, I've never casted cactus so I applaud your efforts. Not to mention Curtis sets the bar pretty friggin high!

hombre4

OK, first of all to clear things up. The tubes were not painted, the light color in the blue is a pearl lustre added to the PR. The PP was colored not dyed. It has the natural color light brown or tan (bleached) plus red and white.

rtgleck

Archie,

Travis is right, doesn't look like a cactus pen at all, however I think it's a great looking pen. Looked like lightening to me in a sky background and I think it all blends well together. Great looking pen....

DocStram

Hey Archie ... don't be discouraged. We all know what it's like to work really hard on a pen ..... have high hopes and expectations ... get sweatly palms from the aniticipation of what it's going to look like .... and then when it's all done .... disappointment. That's how we get better. I'm with Skye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom