MY pith pen to Samelias dad

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mredburn

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
This is the second of the two pith pens I made this year. Evidently in a porgy of glutinous pen making according to a certain member whom shall remain nameless:rolleyes:. Mainly because Im to lazy to look it up.:biggrin:

Anyway the pen I sent Stuart is a sterling silver and acrylic roller ball click pen I made. Its along the same lines as the other roller ball click pens I have been dabbling with.
This time I tapered the nose cone with a step to match the lines of the clip better. In the last picture you may notice the gap between the nose cone and the body of the pen. The nosecone unscrews to change the refill and it came unscrewed slightly as I was turning the pen for pictures. I recieved Stuarts pen and will post it shortly as soon as I get some pictures taken. Enjoy Comments welcome.
2012%2520pith%2520pen%25201.jpg

2012%2520pith%2520pen%25202.jpg

2012%2520pith%2520pen%25207.jpg

2012%2520pith%2520oen%25203.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

You're a wild man Mr. Redburn. And a darn fine pen maker too. That is a classy pen.

How do you drill barrels that long without screwing it up?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Mark, I use my metal lathe and a collet chuck. I usually drill it from both ends. I rarely have any lip where the two drilled holes meet.

Top Bottom