My PITH to Jim (Underdog)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 3Peake

3Peake

I received a pm from Jim saying that he had received the package from me quite a few days ago,but I've been having computer problems and tried posting the pics from my phone with no success, so I've finally got on a computer and here's some pics of the pen I sent Jim.
It is a senior gent wrapped with Pippy English Yew, I couldn't get this to go right and it took me about 3 or 4 blanks to get it completed and then about 3 or 4 attempts to get the finish right.But finally ended up with a pen I was proud of.

I also sent Jim a matching seirra pen wrapped in Pippy English Yew for his wife.

I know the idea of the PITH is to challenge yourself and that these pens are basically straight forward so I came up with the idea to make a case for the pen( I wasn't sure I was sending a pen for his wife at the time)
I decided that I was going to make a case out of Yew branchwood,but I still wanted it to look like a piece of branchwood so that was my challenge to myself:wink:
After quite a few attempts I ended up with something that I was quite proud of, here's a picture of the full set I sent to Jim.

This set was a challenge that I cursed at times but I really enjoyed,and I was glad I tried it and managed to produce something I could be proud of.
I hope Jim enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it for him.:biggrin:

firewhatfire

That is the 2nd time during this PITH I have seen the word Pippy english Yew. It was one of the blanks I was sent with my pen. I stored it away in my private stash and planned on checking it out at a later date. Never heard of it before this PITH.

Nice pens.

Top Bottom