My pine PITH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Douglas Feehan

Now that my pen has safely made it to its new home i thought i would post a Pic of my 2 x 4 pen first let me say this past pith was one of the most enjoyable i have been in the by limiting the the pen to pine it really got my creative juices going again, when i first started turning i some how found my way to this site and shortly after was lured to a tribute site that was to have a PITH as a fundraiser which happen to be organized by some RAT across the pond the tribute site was for EAGLE and after seeing many of his works of art I tried many time to try to make one of his Feather Blanks after many attempts i put the idea aside for a while. Well when the rules were set forth for this pith i decided to give it another shot.
tho this is still light years from the blanks Eagle made i did learn a few things along the way and looking forward to my next attempt all comments welcome

Attachments

• 100_3186.jpg
    100_3186.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 244
  • 100_3187.jpg
    100_3187.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 324
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
I never met him, but from the stories - Eagle would be proud. Trying yourself and getting different results are exactly what he preached.

Nice pen!!

Thanks all for your comments

Very nice.

Is that pick guard for the inserts?

-Barry

Dyed maple and birch veneer

I think my next attempt will have more inlays and at a greater angle this on had 30 cuts with the table saw at 60 Deg. i also think maybe the depth of the cuts should be a little shallower so there is less curl to each segment

Top Bottom