My Personal Favorite (Amboyna X Cut Statesman)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nilsatcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilsatcraft

2005929211116_StateX3.jpg

2005929211135_StateX1.jpg

This is my favorite pen of the ones I've made. I'm just really happy with how it came out. I couldn't find the author to give credit but someone wrote a great article on how to do the X cut pen. I read it a few months ago and thought I'd try it out on Sunday. This one is a great piece of Amboyna with Nigerian Ebony inlay. It's finished with one coat each of Masters Sanding Sealer and Masters Spray Lacquer. It was then buffed. The contrast is a bit strong between the woods but I like it. Feel free to comment. Thanks!

Update: Thanks Randy for finding the article. It's by John Nystedt and is located at http://tinyurl.com/7h4pp

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerberpens

That is an outstanding pen. Does anyone know where to find the x-cut article Nils is refering to? I have see more and more of this type of laminations and would like to try it myself. Or try to figure out how you guys do it!

nilsatcraft

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. I did cheat a little with the photography. Our catalog photographer let me use his studio and after I took a couple of pics, he brought in the backgrounds and took these pictures himself. He really knows what he's doing. Thanks again.

Dario

Looks like my first reply wasn't posted.

Great kit, gorgeous wood, stylish design, excellent execution, wonderful photograhy...what ese can you ask for [;)]

Good job Nils!!!

(FYI, I am not asking for a discount [:D] LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom