My Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodtreker

woodtreker

I have only been turning pens since June of this year so I am a newbie... But here are some of my pens... I get my kits from Woodcraft but I am open to new styles...

The first style uploaded is the one I learned... The Euro Style...
I have made pens from woods that I find in my area... Deer Antler (not shown...), Spalted Hackberry, Cherry, Walnut, Coffee Tree, Apple, Oak... even Kentucky Tobacco Sticks... I have even done some segmented pens of walnut and maple that I created...
I also also bought bought some Tulipwood and Olivewood Blanks...

It has been fun... I will share more...

Attachments

• Euro Pens-all.jpg
    Euro Pens-all.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 180
  • Euro3a.jpg
    Euro3a.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 158
  • Euro Hack-Wala.jpg
    Euro Hack-Wala.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 133
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodtreker

More Pens...

After working with the Euro Style Pen I started working with the Toni Twist and Soft Grip pen kits from Woodcraft... I do not like the ook of the grip pen myself but I have sold some... Most of the time I just tune them without the grip... This size pen is my personal favorite but not neccessarily the best seller... I am looking for anotehr style abut this size from another pen kit distributor...

I have also worked with the Slimline style... These are NOT my favorite... I do not have teh pen shown here but I will upload soem I did with a Kentucky Tobacco Stick and did not use the small Slimline band... I used Russ Fairchilds method of bands which allowed me to be proud of the middle bushing...

Attachments

• ToniTwista.jpg
    ToniTwista.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Slimlinea.jpg
    Slimlinea.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 109

woodtreker

Latest Pen Style

My wife knows that I have gone crazy with pen turning but she also knows that it has not cost us a dime... I have sold enough pens to pay all my start up cost and also be able to support charitiable contributions to support the military and their families in our area...

In June and July I helped our church raise enough money to have a picnic for the military families in our county... We had over 130 people to attend...

Now we are sending over 100 packages for Christmas to soldiers from the small county town of Cynthiana, KY.. For every pen I sell I donate $11.00 to mail out a package...

I have started using the Wall Street pen design from Woodcraft... I am using this one with more exotic blanks like Rosewood Burl, deer antler, segmented walnut and maple... I just them them this week and have already sold some... It is an EASY pen to make adn is very pretty to the eye...

Hope you enjoy...

Attachments

• Wall Sta.jpg
    Wall Sta.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 109

bitshird

I'm sorry, but I don't know your name, and hate addressing people as Yo Dude, (except Skye) But I think you did well starting out on Euros, your work in regard to fitting wood to metal from what can be clearly seen is quite good given the time you've been turning pens.
I think your foray into the Sierra/Wall street is a good way to go, just watch out, some customers keep turning the body after the nib has retracted, at which point the transmission comes loose, oddly enough they keep turning until they have unscrewed the transmission from the Nib section, it can be quite aggravating getting the transmission out of the body since it's a friction fit.
Also don't be so hasty about slimlines, they offer more variations and styles than just about any other pen other than the Baron/Navigator.
You may want to branch out into Cigar pens, they are a good inexpensive pen that sells pretty good for many turners, I like your choices of woods, nice to have an abundant supply locally, keep up the nice work, and let us know to whom we are responding.

Last edited:

MobilMan

Nice job on all your pens Derrell. If by chance they do unscrew one of your Wall Streets & it comes apart, just stick it back together & screw it back on the nib section, then slide it apart & tighten it up as tight as you can. You might like the Wall Street11 Click. It is a very good pen & the click action works smooth. It's almost 1/2 in longer overall [not counting the click button].

Top Bottom