My Pastor's First Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I had a great time in the shop yesterday. We have several pen turners in my church and our pastor has been wanting to learn more about the process, so I invited him to come to my shop for a turning session sometime. We were finally able to schedule a get-together yesterday afternoon.

I drilled & backpainted the acrylic blank before he got there, but we did everything else on these two pens while he was there. I just showed him the techniques & coached him during the process. He did all the turning & finishing himself.

He first made the acrylic pen on the Lancer kit for his wife's Mother's Day present, then made the pecan pen for himself. I think they turned out pretty darn good for someone's first pens.

I'm looking forward to another turning session with him in the near future.

Attachments

• Pastor Tim's Pens.jpg
    Pastor Tim's Pens.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 344
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

Are you sure you pay your pastor enough to allow him to start in the pen making adventure? Of course you could always just keep your shop open for him to use whenever the bug hits!

He did a good job!

Rockytime

I had a great time in the shop yesterday. We have several pen turners in my church and our pastor has been wanting to learn more about the process, so I invited him to come to my shop for a turning session sometime. We were finally able to schedule a get-together yesterday afternoon.

I drilled & backpainted the acrylic blank before he got there, but we did everything else on these two pens while he was there. I just showed him the techniques & coached him during the process. He did all the turning & finishing himself.

He first made the acrylic pen on the Lancer kit for his wife's Mother's Day present, then made the pecan pen for himself. I think they turned out pretty darn good for someone's first pens.

I'm looking forward to another turning session with him in the near future.

Very nice. My pastor can't turn a pen but he can build a motorcycle from the ground up. Had breakfast with him yesterday but it was too wet to ride.

elkhorn

Looks like we have a new candidate for IAP! Very nice of you to share your time and expertise. Tell him he did a great job.

Top Bottom