My Only pen of 2010

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gketell

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
This is a Herringbone blank made by Andy Sowers that I received as a birthday present in November. Finally got around to turning it in December and photographing it in january. I'm such a slacker....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• SowerPen-1.jpg
    SowerPen-1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 524
  • SowerPen-2.jpg
    SowerPen-2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 532
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turbowagon

I saw the thread title, then the pictures, and I thought you were making a joke about spending all year making the blank!

I guess if you're only going to turn one pen a year, make it count! Fit and finish look great.

- Joe

wiset1

That's an amazing looking pen! Can't think of a better way to spend my time than making a pen like this over the span of a year...AWESOME work. I need one of those blanks

OKLAHOMAN

If your only going to make one pen every 12 months you might as well make it that one.....just outstanding.....

Last edited:

darcisowers

looks great, and by the way it is Olivewood and Asian Flamewood.

We're glad you like the blank - you made a beautiful pen!

:biggrin:

atsowers

Well, you may not have made a ton of pens in 2010, but you certainly helped a ton of people with their pen making challenges. You've helped Darci and I on countless occaisions!! Thanks again!!

Andy

PS... the pen looks great! One of these days, we'll need to come over for a photography lesson!

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
You'll be there next Saturday, won't you? We will be talking photography then. But you are more than welcome to come up any time for some one-on-one tutoring.

IPD_Mrs

Well Greg ... I'm with Roy - if I had to pick ONE pen ... that would be a good one to make. Excellent pen, fit and finish are spot on and I personally LOVE the choice of woods in the gift you were given - nice and complimentary! Here's to what you do in 2011!! (We all know of how busy you keep with other projects and helping all of us during the year too :))

Linda

Top Bottom