My newest Creation - Amedeo Blue - Ambassador

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bigj51

Bigj51

Well here's my latest creation... Many Thanks to Exotic Blanks for providing me with this outstanding material. It is the Amedeo Blue from the Imported Italian Resins Section.

I am calling this one "The Ambassador". I love how the Italian resins look like a piece of marble or granite and polish out as smoot as glass. I probably spent about 3 hours on this one last night getting it shaped exactly how I wanted it.

I'd appreciate any feedback y'all can offer me, good or bad. I'm always open for suggestions to help me improve my craft. :)

AmedeoBlue-Esimio5.jpg

AmedeoBlue-Esimio4.jpg

AmedeoBlue-Esimio3.jpg

AmedeoBlue-Esimio2.jpg

AmedeoBlue-Esimio.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

I like almost everything about it, Jeff. The material looks great, the finish is very nice and the shape is quite attractive. My only criticism would be that the clip ring diameter makes it look more like an afterthought.

Bigj51

Very nice, Jeff! Love it, but I agree that a recessed clip would make it perfect.

I am working on a process to recess the clip. Hopefully i'll have one to show early next week. I am working on casting the blanks for it right now.

Your work and the pens in the gallery of your website inspired me to start make this style of pen. It is by far my favorite, so I just want to say thanks!

Katya

I absolutely love the shape and material used here! I agree about the clip, and am not sure about the white either.. it should look great, but I wonder if silver/aluminum might look even better.

Just a beautiful, beautiful pen. Begs to be placed in the hand.

OOPS

This is an excellent design. I am really impressed with the style of the finial. It adds to the look of elegance. Since everyone is offering their 2 cents worth, I personally like the white bands, as it complements the white swirling in the blank. However, I think the bands are too thick, and it draws your eye to the bands rather than to the whole. It would be nice to see a recessed clip on a similar model. I was also thinking that the Art Deco clip (which I believe is also sold by Exotics) would be an interesting choice for this pen.

Thanks for posting this beauty.

plantman

I like almost everything about it, Jeff. The material looks great, the finish is very nice and the shape is quite attractive. My only criticism would be that the clip ring diameter makes it look more like an afterthought.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Jeff; I agree with Billy: I don't care for the clip itself either. The pen is to streamlined in shape to have a clip with a ball on it. Also would look better if it were hidden. Check the library on how to do this. It also adds a third color that has no relation to the fantastic design of the pen. I would recess the clip and try to find a flat one with curved edges in white, brushed satin, or pearl to match the rings. I like the pen and it's shape. I hope you take the C&C as helpful, as that is the way it is given. This is just the first thing that popped into my mind when I first looked at the pen. Jim S

Last edited:

Bigj51

The clip that fits this transmission has a little notch in clip and transmission that secures the clip and keeps it from loosening and rotating. The clip is made from spring steel and is extremely resilient and wears really well. When I go to shop tomorrow, I will take a more detailed picture of this. I know some like to swap clips out. I like to use the ones that wear and hold up the best. Other than steel, the clip would have to be rhodium or black titanium in order for me to use it.

Here is pic of the bare parts.....

DSC_1207.jpg

Bigj51

I ordered several more pieces of the Amedeo Blue and all of the remaining Amedeo Teal Tease that Exotic Blanks had today in preparation of making more of this pen with a couple of improvements. I like the white bands but will try to do them a little thinner and I am headed out in the morning to pick up flat aluminum stock to use as bands as well. I will most definitely work on recessing clip. Everyone that I have showed this pen to in person has absolutely loved it and a couple have tried to swipe it. I will most definitely post pics of the upcoming ones! Thanks for everybody's input!

Top Bottom