my newest Brassterpiece

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tokyotank

tokyotank

This started as a solid hunk of 1" Hex brass. Was actually one of my brass punches. Now its a pretty little solid brass Sedona roller. Havent posted in awhile just got busy with life. Anyway enjoy comments as always are welcome.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 271
  • brass2.jpg
    brass2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 219
  • brass3.jpg
    brass3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 196
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tokyotank

Yes the weight is amazingly well balanced however you know you've got it in your hand. And yes it was turned on a wood lathe turned with wood chisels. Small bites and lots of patience. Start to finish abot 2 1/2 hours.

plantman

Yes the weight is amazingly well balanced however you know you've got it in your hand. And yes it was turned on a wood lathe turned with wood chisels. Small bites and lots of patience. Start to finish abot 2 1/2 hours.

:confused::confused: I was wondering if you ever tried cutting the corners off with your band saw and than using metal files to round your blank on your wood lathe ?? I love the feel of a heavy pen !! Jim S

tokyotank

I actually take the edges off with 150 grit and then get after it with a 3/4" roughing gouge, then back and forth between a 1/2" spindle gouge and a 1" oval skew. Keep them sharp and take small bites and this soft metal turns no different than the hardest wood. If you get some chatter marks in it hit it with the 150 and then back at it. High speed and small bites. Leave ends proud and start with 150 and work all the way up to 12000 micro.

Jjartwood

Nice looking pen,I like to see different approaches to pen making.
Good choice on kit and profile looks real nice.
Good Job!
I gotta go out in the garage now and look for some brass punches.
Mark

ossaguy

That's really neat!

How did you get the look that it's floating above the surface in the photo?

What a cool pen,nice job!!!

Steve

Last edited:
Top Bottom