My New Years Day well spent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DB in VT

DB in VT

I spent all day Saturday and Sunday rearranging and cleaning my workshop. I have actually acquired enough wood and materials that I decided I can't continue without doing something about it.
Monday was my time to use the new space. I managed to make 5 new pens. Nothing difficult but a couple of kits that are new to me.
The two Wall Street II pens are ones I purchased last week at WoodCraft in Rochester, NY. It was my first trip to there(a 5 hour ride). The click is made from a big leaf maple burl from Cook Woods. The grip is a piece of crosscut birds eye maple from a local source.
The Aero Elegant kit was purchased from Exotic Blanks. I really like this kit. I paired it with a piece of crosscut canary wood from a board I purchased at Rocklers in Buffalo. I really love the look of this pen.
The Gatsby was a project I reclaimed from anther time and had set aside for later. The original blank cracked. This one was a piece of acrylester from Rockler called abalone, even though it isn't.
The Aero click was also brought back after the original soapstone body cracked on assembly. I added a piece of a random, orange dyed piece of wood that was laying around. I came out OK, too.

Attachments

• Wall St II click.JPG
    Wall St II click.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 186
  • Wall St II grip.JPG
    Wall St II grip.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Aero Elegant.JPG
    Aero Elegant.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 184
  • Aero Elegant click.JPG
    Aero Elegant click.JPG