My new personal pen.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ron Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

for a couple weeks.
Wood types are black dyed curly maple and bloodwood.

newopenclo.jpg

I'll try to add some additional pictures of the cap later this evening.

As always comments or concerns welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgray

CSU doesn't offer Statesman's with thread end caps, right?

So I assume that you took a threaded end cap for a Jr. Gent and put it on a Statesman kit, am I right? I've considered doing that as well.

Great pen!

Ron Mc

Before CSU discontinued selling the threaded end caps individually I purchased some for stock. Darn near all of my customers want a posting cap on the Jr. Statesman so I'm glad that I purchased while I could. When I run out I imagine I'll start pulling out of JG kits and make some "closed end" pens.

Hey Rob,
How about you move my way so that it would be easier for me to shop? What a wonderful day it would be to walk in to your place with a shopping cart, load it up as you stand out of the way making note of everything I grab. Life would be so much easier.[;)]

Randy_

Hey Ron: Personal pens are usually the ones we screw up and don't want to sell/give to others. [:D][:D]

I'm having a hard time seeing anything wrong with this effort.

Do have a question about the black-dyed curly maple. It doesn't look very black to me?? Is it the photo??

Ron Mc

Typically the black-dyed curly maple will finish a gray color. I like to use it when I want grey accents and for a dark black I use either black steelwood or ebony.
The colors in the photo are dead on.

Every once in a while I sit, turn some music on and decide that I need another pen for my personal use. This is what came to life so I'll use it for my trip north for the pen turning gathering and my meetings in Chicago then who knows? [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom