My new favorite trademark shape.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Skye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

I drew this one on paper before I turned it. Only one I’ve ever planned out. Looked good on paper and even better once I made it. It’s an unknown wood from DocStram (didn’t smell this time) and a BOW band. I got the idea from a Jaguar ballpoint. It’s by far my most comfortable pen so far. Finger stopper down below, weight of the pen rests in the web of the thumb, works really good.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbob

Very nice! I like the shape, and that its beauty comes from balance and proportion rather than highly figured woods and/or colors. A piece of art.
txbob

Skye

Thanks guys, yeah it's hard not to get a line at that edge beause you want to sand there, but not burning through all the CA because of the hard edge. I missed a sanding step in this pen, so there's more lines that dont show in the pic [;)]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I don't know if you can call it a trademark shape.I have been making them with the"comfort bump" since I started making pens 2 years ago.God only knows who I Stole it from.

Skye

Yeah, but I thought it was original to combine a fatline with that bump. Heck, we all know nothing is truly original anymore but some shapes make for a pen that points to a particular turner.

underdog

Originally posted by ctEaglesc
<br />I don't know if you can call it a trademark shape.I have been making them with the"comfort bump" since I started making pens 2 years ago.

That's funny, I don't see any representative examples in your albums...

Very nice Skye. That's one of the only shaped pens I really like....

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
It looks a little underturned at the nib[:D] Just giving you a hard time, Skye. It looks great to me and is definately a shape I have never seen before!

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by underdog
<br />
Originally posted by ctEaglesc
<br />I don't know if you can call it a trademark shape.I have been making them with the"comfort bump" since I started making pens 2 years ago.

That's funny, I don't see any representative examples in your albums...

Very nice Skye. That's one of the only shaped pens I really like....

Theres a lot that isn't in my albums.
These have all been posted here at one time or another

21164052_Antler%20cherry%20Parker%20Longwood%20001.jpg
<br />

2006121164230_Deer%20collided%20002.jpg
<br />

2006121164453_Upload%20Penshop%20007.jpg
<br />

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Eagle's work from February 20, <b><u>2005</u></b>

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=4000&whichpage=1#34671

Randy_

I like the comfort bump that eagle calls a "turks head" and the contrasting non-kit centerband. Overall look of the pen is very appealing; but wonder if some might prefer it on a diet??

.....................90%....................................80%...............................70%...........................60%..........
2006121185233_skyespen90.jpg
2006121185310_skyespen80.jpg
2006121184810_skyespen70.jpg
2006121184837_skyespen60.jpg

Scott

Skye,

I like it! It is appealing all by itself. I will look forward to seeing other versions of this pen!

Scott.

Skye

Randy, 80% aint bad but I like the pudgy feel of it. Considering I dont like B2B slimlines, this is the un-slimline.

alamocdc

Originally posted by Skye
<br />Thanks guys, yeah it's hard not to get a line at that edge beause you want to sand there, but not burning through all the CA because of the hard edge. I missed a sanding step in this pen, so there's more lines that dont show in the pic [;)]
I was actually joking, Skye.[}:)][;)] But if you say they are there, I'll believe you.

Skye

Heh, I aint hiding nothing! [^]

To make matters worse, I forgot a step in the finishing and I've got more, you just cant see them [;)]

Randy_

Originally posted by Skye
<br />Randy, 80% aint bad but I like the pudgy feel of it. Considering I dont like B2B slimlines, this is the un-slimline.

70 & 80 were my favorites by eye; but you can't tell a thing about feel from a photo and it certainly is a critcal factor for users if not collectors. And all of it is subject to personal taste.....I don't like the look or feel of the B2B slimline, either!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom