My new desk pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenPal

PenPal

Ever tried fixing to those steel lintels over windows,doors in a brick home, well I have chewed out many a drill over the years. the steel must be made like enthusiasm soup everything chucked in see how it goes. Re bar steel is variable, cranky, formed out of round with ridges running up and down on either half, comes in long lengths handled roughly then cut by the steel supplier by an anvil cut that distorts either end.

I have bitten the bullet and reached an understanding with this material. Why bother you say well from outside my house stormwater underground rectification encompassing four lanes of road with a huge underground box for control will be finished today.(thank goodness) I made one of these pens for the concrete steel fixers and the site manager who have been most courteous to me and family.

This resulted in sales to workmen and the wholesale steel supplier at 40 of our dollars. I used a chrome Slimline kit with a Streamline centre band. In making I went to the bother of fitting a brass sleeve top and bottom to ensure accuracy of fit for replacing biros. The pen is smooth and comfortable to use and certainly lighter than the large pens made today, also like them the weight on a clip will not endear you to the wife re the pull on the shirt pocket, there is a reliable market out there with construction firms.

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0014.JPG
    DSCF0014.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 254
  • DSCF0019.JPG
    DSCF0019.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCF0023.JPG
    DSCF0023.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 175
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marc

Wow, very creative idea and you found a great market segment to keep them moving. I have little imagination and am just scratching my head trying to figure out how you pulled this off.

Well done.

bitshird

Oh Lord, Now I gotta make one. curses, but I still have a good reamer from my very first pen, mayhaps I wont have to ruin a good 7mm drill bit,

Top Bottom