My new daily driver

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mark

Mark

Finally got my Tritons from WC. This one is dressed in Turkish Walnut (from the group buy). Finished in 3 coat of thin CA, followed by 2 coats of Med CA. MM to 12K, polished with EEE and waxed with Ren Wax.

Thanks for looking. All comments welcome. I'm very happy with this one, but there is always room for improvement.

Attachments

• Triton 001a.jpg
    Triton 001a.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 241
  • Triton 001b.jpg
    Triton 001b.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Triton 001c.jpg
    Triton 001c.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 207
  • Triton 001d.jpg
    Triton 001d.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 167
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Lookin good Mark! I recently acquired a blank of the turkish walnut and have been looking for the right kit....this might be the one. Awesome fit/finish!

Mark

Thanks Ron.

On the Chrome w/Gold Triton the pimp crystal is a gold stamped medallion (matches the CB - gold).

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Interesting

Nice pen...that is a nice wood.

Nothing to do with anything but my curiosity. Why the EEE after all that finish work? I thought EEE was about equal to 2400 grit and you'd already gone to 12k with micromesh....I usually take wood to 12K with micromesh myself but I do have EEE if it adds something.

Mark

Thanks for the responses...

Smitty, you are probably correct. To my eye, it seems to shimmer more with the EEE. Maybe I'm just happy to see the shine IDK. I started using the EEE after the MM and haven't had the problem I used to with the Micro Scratches. (the very, very small ones that sort of distort a reflection making it grainy looking). So I've stuck with it.

Just something that is working for me, I suppose.

Top Bottom