My new carry pen, slightly modified Long click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Made this one tonight and absolutely loved it! The blank is one of my castings and came out perfect (definitely one of my favorites). I did a small modification adapting a cigar nib to replace the stock one. I don't like writing with the original nib, it's too slick for me. The cigar nib has that slight raise on it that makes a perfect grip. I'm still working on the photography aspect, trying to get a crisp picture but also trying to capture the pearlescence in the blank (last pic got it pretty good). The finish is MM to 12000 and polished with PlastX. I'm very happy with how everything came together so I'm gonna keep this one for myself as a new carry pen. Thanks for looking and for any comments made!

Attachments

• 103_0014.jpg
    103_0014.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 289
  • 103_0053.jpg
    103_0053.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 223
  • 103_0033.jpg
    103_0033.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 103_0045.jpg
    103_0045.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 103_0048.jpg
    103_0048.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 166
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Jonathon you have a very classy pen there. Your blank is outstanding and the fit and finish of the pen is plumb fine. Congratulations.
Charles

navycop

Looks outstanding. I always wondered what a "long click" was. Those that mean the "clicker part" on top?

Clicker is the actual name of the pen, however we call it a long click (or Looong click) due to the approx. 4" single tube barrel. It is a great pen!
Thanks. I was looking to get some after my last post. It seems easier to turn one piece vice two.. Atleast for a beginner like me... I also noticed a couple other pens take the same bushings.
0.368. I assume all the numbers have to match? Example:
CSUSA Clicker DIA 0.368 upper tube AS Cabara Twist DIA 0.368 upper tube
D= 0.444 D= 0.510
E= 0.444 E= 0.452
F= 0.342 F= 0.342

Last edited:

SDB777

I like that blank, where did you acquire that one?!?!?

Great looking finish and perfect kit to put it on.

Scott (need some of those) B

Brooks803

I like that blank, where did you acquire that one?!?!?

Great looking finish and perfect kit to put it on.

Scott (need some of those) B

Scott, this is one of my castings.

Great job on the blank! Are there more, or did you do a single cast???

This was a one off...however, that doesn't mean I can make more:wink: I'm anxiously awaiting some vertical molds from Fred (ptownsubbie) so I can "mass" produce them.

PaulDoug

Great looking long click. Nice cast. I like your modification to the pen. The nib has been my only complaint with the long click and it is the same complaint you stated. I just didn't have the imagination to fix it like you did.

Brooks803

That's a beauty, I love the cast. Is it PR or Alumilite?

I use silmar 41 PR for my casting work

Great looking long click. Nice cast. I like your modification to the pen. The nib has been my only complaint with the long click and it is the same complaint you stated. I just didn't have the imagination to fix it like you did.

I kinda stumbled upon the mod when I noticed a bad nick in the stock nib and couldn't get a replacement. Had extra cigar nibs so I made it work.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I appreciate it all

Brooks803

Brooks803 said:
Great job on the blank! Are there more, or did you do a single cast???

This was a one off...however, that doesn't mean I can make more:wink: I'm anxiously awaiting some vertical molds from Fred (ptownsubbie) so I can "mass" produce them.

I meant to say that it doesn't mean that I CAN'T make more, sorry about that. btw...those molds came today! :biggrin: gonna try to remake some tonight.

Top Bottom