My new carry pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Allen

Dale Allen

I managed to get most of the dust off of this.
There was another pen made from the other half of this blank but on this one I tinted the glue red. I'll be interested to see if it gets any comments at work. I really like these click mechanisms!

Attachments

• carry.jpg
    carry.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 319
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Allen

OOPS! My apologies to Exotic Blanks.
This kit came from there even though it is a Berea kit.
It is listed as the new pre-assembled upper click mechanism. Much softer feel.

BSea

Out of curiosity, does the new kit have the extension that goes on the refill? I like those kits because you can grind the extension down to make the click version the same size as a standard sierra.

As I understand it, you only tinted the glue, but did not reverse paint the blank red, or paint the tube. Is that right? If so, you did a great job. I can't see the tube anywhere, and the red shows through nicely.

Dale Allen

Bob, there is no extension on the refill. It uses the standard parker style.
I was pulling on the plastic click parts to see if it would come apart, and it would not.
Was thinking of replacing the black pieces. The other end comes apart but not the top.
Also, on the first one I did with this blank the brass tube was not painted and the glue was just 2-part epoxy.
Since one side has a lot of gold in the blank it still looked OK. However, on this one I tinted the epoxy with red enamel paint, after it is first mixed. I can tell a slight difference but not much.
The blank is AA-12 Desert Sunset BTW.

Top Bottom