My most complex pen to date...and a few others.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brandon25

Brandon25

Finally got around to making something a little more detailed for once. It's my first lamination. I hope you guys like it.

Black Cabbage Bark, costom ebony centerband, and white oak laminate. Copper slimline, Mylands friction polish.

IMG_5212.jpg

Closeup of lamination. I chose white oak on purpose, knowing it's open grained tendencies. I figured if I sanded with CA it would fill the grain voids with dark wood dust, and cause a cool effect. Well, I was sorta right, but it's not very uniform. I'm not sure I like it, and would probably use maple or holly if I did it again.

IMG_5218.jpg

Lacewood
IMG_5207.jpg

Spalted Hackberry
IMG_5198.jpg

Tulipwood heart/sapwood split.
IMG_5210.jpg

Thanks for looking. And as usual, all comments and criticisms welcome; good or bad.

Brandon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

I have 2 suggestions. Reduce the size of the photos to 600 px wide and wipe the pens down before you take your pic.

Otherwise, those are some beautiful pens. I really like your custom pen. Nice work.

Brandon25

I have 2 suggestions. Reduce the size of the photos to 600 px wide and wipe the pens down before you take your pic.

Otherwise, those are some beautiful pens. I really like your custom pen. Nice work.

Thank you all for the complements.
Thanks for the suggestions, TC. I will try to reduce the size for future postings.:)

Top Bottom