My losing entries

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

Although my entries in the pretty wood and kitless contests came up short, I am very happy with both of the pens. My pretty wood pen was snakewood which was finished with food safe mineral oil. The mineral oil does not seal the wood, I've been told that sealing snakewood will contribute to its tendency to crack.

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

My kitless entry was a two part alumilite casting that I did while experimenting.

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Both were great entries. I liked each for different reasons.

The Snakeskin was... well, the blank is awesome, the kit is superb, and the finish is one I need to play with!

The Kitless (a skill set I suspect I will only admire and appreciate) has great form, and the blank is very, very cool!

Well done on both. (The Snakeskin, is really nice..:cool:)

Woodchipper

There is always next year! After all, the Cubs won the World Series last year after decades of the goat curse. Those are nice pens. Please share the mineral oil finish- just plain mineral oil? Interested in branching out with various finishes. Thanks.

Cwalker935

There is always next year! After all, the Cubs won the World Series last year after decades of the goat curse. Those are nice pens. Please share the mineral oil finish- just plain mineral oil? Interested in branching out with various finishes. Thanks.

Not much to share on the finish. It's Howard Cutting Board Oil which is a food grade mineral oil. I simply wiped it on and will reapply periodically.

Top Bottom