My Latest work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wayneis

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneis

I have just loaded several pens that I have finished recently. Boise De Rose Platinum Statesman, Curly Maple Jr. Statesman, Filligree with stabilized green holly, Jr. Statesman with pale moon ebony, The Green Baron, the Purple Baron and lastly the Super duper curly oak Statesman. Because someone requested aphoto of the Boise De Rose I'm putting it here also but the photo in my album is a better one.

Thanks for looking.

Wayne

200528201219_Statesmanboisederose.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Wayne, I see I've not visited your album lately, lots of nice stuff! And I really like the one you posted. Great job!

tipusnr

I would really like to see your work in person someday. The finish on the pen above is so smooth and even it doesn't look like wood to me...more like a very high quality metal finish. That's not a put down...that's just what it looks like to me. Does the grain of the wood show up well with the pen in hand?

Beautiful workmanship!

P.S. Aah! I went out to your album and saw the pen there. That IS nice grain in that pen! Again well done!!

PenWorks

Wayne, glad to see you in or out of the shop and taking pictures again. Wonderfull new pieces you put in your album. That Boise De Rose really has a very deep red color, that is stunning.
I enjoy looking at your work. Well done. Anthony

wayneis

Thanks everyone, it feels good to be back in the shop again. The finish is that stuff that starts with an E...Like Enduro Poly, yea thats it. I need to get some more of that Boise De Rose, I'm down to one blank. I started out with a couple 2"x2"x14". cut it up into blanks and I think that I must have givin most of it away. I've used two blanks is all myself. So any of you that have traded with me, look through your stock and see if you have any of that dark purple blanks because it's beautiful stuff. Turns nice, pretty close grain and really puts out a nice glow, and then put on about eight coats of Enduro after three or four coats of sanding sealer and you have a very nice pen.

Thanks again,

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom