My latest two Curly Brazilian Redwood and Redheart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigRob777

BigRob777

Here are my latest two pens. On the curly redwood, I applied the finish with my finger and it was too thick. It gummed up on me and I didn't want a repeat of the sand paper coming off onto it (I had already cleaned it off once). In retrospect, I should have skewed it off. The redheart is my latest attempt at an euro-style slimline. I really like this one. It's also my first time burning a line in a pen, with guitar string (wire). Thanks again Joe, for the wire.

Yes, that's curly koa in the background. It's a thin cut-off from last years curly koa and is destined for a jewelry box, or something like it.

Thanks for looking.
Rob

2008528204020_DSCN1191.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Thanks Chuck,
I was (finally) really happy with the whole pen, but especially the burn line. I was afraid that the wire would slip, since I was just holding it in my hands. My friend Joe wraps them around wooden pegs, or something to that effect. I also like the waiste on this one, better than my first one.
Rob

Jim15

Nice pens Rob. I hope when you say your are holding the wire in your hand you aren't wrapping it around your fingers.[:0][:0]

BigRob777

Jim,
I'm using my pen lathe. I hope it isn't strong enough to rip my fingers off, but just in case, I'm going to make some handlesfor the wires. I can't afford to lose anymore of my finger length.
Rob

Ligget

Good safety advice, it`s hard enough to make quality pens with all your fingers never mind losing one! lol;)

Lovely work on the pens Rob, you are on a roll just now!:)

BigRob777

Mark,
Yeah, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, right. At least that's what we used to say in the States.:D

I can't afford to lose anymore of my fingers, I can only count to 9-3/4 as it is.
Rob

Top Bottom