My latest Thin Blue Line

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Don Rabchenuk

Don Rabchenuk

Not sure of the wood as it was unmarked when I purchased it. I cut the blank at 60° prior to adding the gift card , aluminum and home poured acrylic.
1019160618.jpg 1019160618a.jpg 1019160619.jpg 1019160619a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

zaqdesigns

Looks amazing! I've been wanting to experiment with aluminum with wood. Did you do the turning with aluminum on a mini-wood lathe? Didn't think you could go that thick with aluminum. Looks amazing!

Don Rabchenuk

Looks amazing! I've been wanting to experiment with aluminum with wood. Did you do the turning with aluminum on a mini-wood lathe? Didn't think you could go that thick with aluminum. Looks amazing!
I turned this on my Shopsmith with speed set to "M", used a carbide rougher with very light passes. The aluminum is 0.100, 2024 "T3".

Jim, Lee, Jim, Tom and zaqdesigns Thanks for the compliments.

zaqdesigns

I turned this on my Shopsmith with speed set to "M", used a carbide rougher with very light passes. The aluminum is 0.100, 2024 "T3".

Jim, Lee, Jim, Tom and zaqdesigns Thanks for the compliments.

Thanks. Quite impressive.

Doug

magpens

That is one of the nicest "thin blue line" pens that I have seen ... it really appeals !!!!!

Last edited:

bpgoldo

Don, what a terrific sense of color, contrast and dimension. It works, it balances, it pleases the eye. Ya just wanna pick it up! So Don.....buy a light and brighten you photo so we can truly admire the depth and detail of your work....geeeze I wanted to turn up the contrast to see it better. Deserves it!

Don Rabchenuk

Don, what a terrific sense of color, contrast and dimension. It works, it balances, it pleases the eye. Ya just wanna pick it up! So Don.....buy a light and brighten you photo so we can truly admire the depth and detail of your work....geeeze I wanted to turn up the contrast to see it better. Deserves it!

Brian, first off Thanks. I will get the pen to my son so he can take better pictures as I do not have a camera. When I give it to him I will also give him the second pen I made last night with the remainder of the blank because I liked the first so much. Just wish I had more of it.

Thank you Bokkie.
1020160620a.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom