My latest set of Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jayman72

Jayman72

Hey all,

I have been busy....

I was lucky enough to get to make 3 VERY DIFFERENT pens this week.

All three are things I have wanted to do but never made the time or had the opportunity.

1) Spectra Ply Pen

View in Gallery

Made from the Purple and Silver Spectra Ply with Lilac Corian in the cap.

2) A pen made from Recycled Wood - It came from a chair that I believe was 80+ years old so there is no telling how old the wood actually is.

View in Gallery

I think its a type of Oak. (Smelled like it while I was cutting it down to size) But it could be Maple.

3) My first Celtic Knot pen - I finally decided that I was ready to give it a shot.
Rather pleased with how it turned out.

View in Gallery

Made from Ipe wood and the Knot itself is Birch Ply.

All pens have a 20 coat CA finish MM'd to 12K

Thanks
Jay
Tampa, FL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
They really are great pens. I have been thinking about making a plywood pen recently. I think the best way for me would be to buy some spare tubes and give it a go rather than committing a kit to it. I might cut it at diagonals to get cool colour hoops. I really like the colour of the recycled wood pen. Is it american white oak?

Jayman72

They really are great pens. I have been thinking about making a plywood pen recently. I think the best way for me would be to buy some spare tubes and give it a go rather than committing a kit to it. I might cut it at diagonals to get cool colour hoops. I really like the colour of the recycled wood pen. Is it american white oak?

To be honest we are not sure.

It is a very dense wood. Smelled like Oak when I cut it.

I am hoping someone sees it and can tell from the picture what species it is.

Thanks
Jay
Tampa, FL

Top Bottom