My Latest Segmentation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jerryconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryconn

I haven't posted anything for a while. I finished this Sunday, a closed end baron made with birds eye maple, african blackwood and bloodwood. CA finish. Thanks for looking and for any and all comments.

200721334222_0988a.jpg

200721334241_0991a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Stunning Jerry! I wonder, though, how it would have looked with a blackwood finial in lieu of the standard one. Perhaps if the base were closer to the size of the finial in thickness, for balance. Just a thought...not that I'm capable of doing anything even remotely close!

alxe24

Woow. I really have to try a closed end pen. I love the look of it. Where do I find the ABC's of close end pens. I like to know what harware I need (chuks and bla bla bla) to make those pens

Jerryconn

Jim,
After I read your post I got to looking at the pen and I think you are right about the finial! I going to try to turn one to use in place of the standard and see what it does for the pen.
Thanks to everyone for the comments. I really enjoy making these segmented pens!

Jerryconn

Originally posted by alxe24
<br />Woow. I really have to try a closed end pen. I love the look of it. Where do I find the ABC's of close end pens. I like to know what harware I need (chuks and bla bla bla) to make those pens

I guess about the best place is here .
At the bottom of the page is a short tutorial. I don't if anyone else makes pin chucks any more. I got mine from Fanger a while back. They take a while to make but they are a lot of fun!

Jerryconn

Originally posted by twoofakind
<br />Very nice work on the glue up. Nice clean joints. How did you keep the darker sanding dust from bleeding into the maple?

Andy

Andy,
Just before I make the last pass I sharpen my tools and take very light cuts. Then I put on 3-4 coats of sanding sealer, then sand, then the rest of the finishing regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom