my latest pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brianp

brianp

This is a pen i made a couple of days ago. I dont know what the wood is but it does have leather and aluminum from a soda can. Comments are appreciated good or bad.

Attachments

• pen for thread 1_edited-1.jpg
    pen for thread 1_edited-1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 410
  • pen for thread 2.jpg
    pen for thread 2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 241
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

The leather and aluminum combine well with the wood. I think I may have used a little less leather/aluminum and a bit more wood, particularly on the lower barrel. Nice work.

brianp

when i make pens with leather (such as this one) I cut it into squares rather than punching out circles and I sandwich the aluminum between each layer because it reinforces it really well (and it looks good too). I had a lot of trouble with leather before I started to do it this way. Now I can also use a lot less glue and I dont have to let it sit for a long time. Just glue five or six pieces together then press them in my vise and repeat

Jgrden

Yikes. Looks like it belongs in some ones personal library. It is great. I tried working a leather pen and gave up. You succeeded. Good work.

arw01

A very striking pen, and it apparently has inspired a little curiosity among us!

Are you soaking the leather in some CA while turning it as well?

Would leather take stabilization, or a wood hardner?

Top Bottom