My latest pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

Well it's not as nice as Wayne's (creep):D

But it's the nicest one I've done so far. I THINK it's cocobolo but it could be desert ironwood, I got my blanks mixed up [:I] Maybe you guys could tell me? Sorry!
Statesman.jpg

R.T.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Ok thanks Fred, I kind of thought it was but figured I better make sure just in case I get lucky and sell it. [:D]

R.T.

PenWorks

Very nice RT. I sell allot of cocobolo wood pens . Nice color & figure. My 2 cents, ( for what's its worth) I wood have place the clip in the middle of the looping grain pattern for better balance. I don't know about others, but I always rotate the pen and the cap around and around holding the clip in place before I assemble to see what I want the pen to look like. Lining up the clip in a certain position to the color & grain is as important as lining up the grain to the top & bottom, I believe you have 4 more to go...........Anthony

Fred in NC

Very nice, RT !

I really need to get busy and make some of these. That will not be possible for a few weeks, because I have a lot of 'plain banana' pens to finish for a show in 3 weeks.

WoodChucker

Yep, your right it would have looked better that way. But theres a dark brown (almost black) spot under the clip that I was trying to hide and the other side didn't show off the grain as well, so I took the lesser of two evils. [:D] Thanks guys!

R.T.

WoodChucker

Thanks Fred, what the heck is a banana pen?

BTW Anthony, thanks for that advice! I didn't want it to sound like I already knew that, because I didn't, and I appreciate the input not only from you but from everyone. Thanks!

R.T.

wayneis

RT I think that you did a fine job, excellant in fact. Cocobolo is one of my all time favorites. There is a lot of things to think about when making and assembling a pen but when you are doing one of these, I think it doubles. Boggels my feeble mind.

The Creep, Wayne :>)

PenWorks

RT, you get an A in hiding class 101. Can't even see that black spot your talking about. I thought I was the only one to hide things under a clip. Sometimes I wish they were wider. Anthony

WoodChucker

Wayne, yeah when I made this one it was the first time I got a little nervous while turning a pen. Not really sure why, maybe because it was so big. lol.

Anthony, lol, yeah at least it wasn't one of my many mistakes that I was trying to hide this time. [:D]

R.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom