My latest efforts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RHossack

RHossack

Here's a couple of recent efforts ... both are CA finishes

First is a 'Stretched Atlas' in Black TI dressed in Buckeye Burl that I stabilized.

The wife says she can see a bears face in the wood.

1929299Autograph_008__Copy_.JPG

9046232Autograph_006__Copy_.JPG

The next offering is a Wallstreet II in Elegant Ti and Gold.

The wood is a piece of Spalted Autograph wood from Hawaii which became quite a
challenge as it exploded twice on me on the lathe and then I used a new sauce I'm
playing with to highlight the character in the timbre.

2445422Autograph_009__Copy_.JPG

5791242Autograph_010__Copy_.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cwolfs69

Great looking pens. I'm with your wife on this one. i clearly see the bear in the first photo. Again, good job here.

RHossack

Thank you all ...

9046232Autograph_006__Copy_.jpg

Enough said!

Awesome pens, Ron
Thanks Paul except on another forum (Aussie?) someone saw a naked lady with a bullet hole in her belly ...

I can't see a thing but spots. Then again, I don't see Elvis' face in rocks, nor lions in the clouds nor Jesus in mashed potatoes ...

Last edited:

PaulDoug

"Thanks Paul except on another forum (Aussie?) someone saw a naked lady with a bullet hole in her belly ..."

Please explain to the person it is called a belly button! Not a bullet hole!

BlackPearl

Did you use the 207 in the Atlas?

I like that length just need to make it somewhat thinner for me, and I am going to try to extend the turned material somewhat up the knurling to give a "hidden clip" to it.

That Wood is outstanding.

crabcreekind

I like that length just need to make it somewhat thinner for me, and I am going to try to extend the turned material somewhat up the knurling to give a "hidden clip" to it.

He took a 10 in long 3/8 tube and cut it longer and put a different refill in it.so it works properly

Justturnin

Stunners...Both of them, but I REAAALY like the Buckeye Burl. It is one of my favorites and currenly on my turning bucket list...... but not for long just got some in.

RHossack

yes I did
The wife wants me to make another modification also ... yours sounds interesting.
Thanks

RHossack

Good to see you back at the lathe and enjoying the fruits of your labor. Both are stunning pens, but Buckeye Burl will always be one of my favorites to use. pens to be proud of.
Thank you ... I've had BEB for a 2 -3 years laying about and never turned any ...

This is my fourth pen in the last few months and I'm a big fan of what mysteries lie beneath the surface ...

Top Bottom