My Latest Commission - Banksia Modified Churchill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dai Sensei

Dai Sensei

Here is my latest commission, an Australian Coastal Banksia (Banksia integrifolia) pod on a modified Black Titanium modified Churchill with each seed hole filled individually with flouro glitter and thin CA, with a thick CA finish (to help magnify the sparkle). Just to make it a bit more special, I also included banksia finials on the main body and the cap. I also removed the majority of the black rings at the base of the cap, which means the silver ring on the main body is visible when the cap is on, bit I thought Ok as it gives 3 silver rings and 2 black rings when closed. I also used a modified black ring on the finial to break up the bling :rolleyes:. I deliberately made the pen slightly longer as I consider the kit normally a bit short.

1_new_open.jpg

1_new_closed1.jpg

1_new_closed2.jpg

Below is a shot of the pen with a normal Churchill kit I made years ago with some nice Buckeye Burl (slightly oversized relative to bushes) so you can see the differences in kit.

1_new_and_old.jpg

Hope you like it.

Cheers

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tgsean

Neil well done, that's a lot of work, its come out really well. Love the bling too! It reminds me so much of M & M's. Your customer is going to be very pleased. Cheers

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
That is stunning Neil! Yup, you nailed the "WOW Factor." :wink:

A lot of work, but what an incredible result.

MikeL

It seems it is hard to make outstanding pens that also seem one of a kind because of all the talent I see on IAP. However, this is another outstanding one of a kind pen. Nice!

ChrisN

Wow, I love it! I don't care for the Churchill because of the vast expanse of black plastic they have, but you've definitely taken care of that issue! Very eye-catching pen!

Dai Sensei

Thanks for the comments.

In Aus I do a lot of work with casting resins and glitters on all sorts of turned items. I am often referred to as the "Resin King" or "Glitter Man" so this is very representative of my style. These days I'm more into larger turned items or gallery pieces and making slab furniture, so when making a pen, I strive to produce those unique one-offs.

Last edited:

Krash

Great job modifying that center band. It is much more balanced and complimentary now instead of being awkward like the original kit.

Top Bottom