My latest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from NoneRequired

NoneRequired

This is my latest pen. It is number 6 all time as I've just come into this great hobby. This is the first pen I've made that I poured the blank. I used Pearl-Ex Blue and Interference Gold. I'm finding that I'm liking the whole process from pouring the polyester to polishing the finished barrel. Now I just need to start taking a little more time photographing the finished pens.
IMG_2497.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NoneRequired

I finished with the micromesh pads all the way up to 12000, all with plenty of water. After that I polished with, ahem... ArmorAll liquid car wax. It's cheap, I had some already and it works awesome on the resin blanks.

No, on this pen I didn't paint the tube. As the Interference gold Pearl-Ex isn't all that deep gold, I didn't care if the tube ghosted a bit. The picture isn't the best as it's a little over but even in person you really couldn't see the tube. If I try to cast another blank with this color combination I'll probably up the gold a bit. For my first casting, other than cracking the blank in half (hence the WSII pen) I'm pretty pleased with it.

Top Bottom