My last two Americanas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I truly dislike this kit! I've done 5 and not one of the tenons came out the right size for the CB. :( The first three were turned to the bushing as directed. These last two I left a bit proud because of the sloppy fit from my previous three attempts, but they were still too small. Not by much, but enough for thick CA to have trouble getting a good bind. [V] Of all the pens I've done that require a tenon, this is the only one that has given me trouble. Both are TN and acrylic from the special that Martin put out a few weeks ago. White fleck...

2005103033813_americana_white_acrylic.jpg

And green... something

2005103033846_americana_green_acrylic.jpg

As always, please feel to say what you please and thanks for your time! ;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

You did such a nice job on them it would be a shame to quit making them. It sounds like the bushing is to small so I would advise just measuring the inside diameter of the centerband with a caliper and using that. Thats what I do with all of my pens that require a tenon. Just take a tiny bit at a time untill you get you get there.

Wayne

gerryr

I've only done two of this type, but didn't have any trouble with the tenon being too small. The ones I did were from CSUSA.

These both look very nice.

It would be a shame to see you quit making them when you do such a fine job on them. I've done quite a few Flat Top Americans (from the 'B' co.) and the first few I did tended to be a bit sloppy but I have had a good fit since I started using calipers to measure the inside of the CB. I think the bushing must be a touch too small. BTW is there any noticeable difference between the Flat Top American and the Americana from CSUSA [?]

There is only one way to solve your problem of kits that you hate to turn.
Send all the left over kits to someone you dislike.
What a way to get even!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom