My last Pens (for a while)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I would like to thank pipemaker (Mike) for one of these pens. I had been looking for some ebonite in cumberland and Mike refered me to a place that sold it. Happened to be only 20 minutes from my office. However, they also sold pipe making stuff and lots of dollars later, I decided to try my hand at pipecarving after seeing Mike's work. [:p]

The other is from Cave Creek Casting, while making the Blue Moon collection, I had not really seen any Baby Blue colors for pen making, so when in doubt, make your own, Thanks for looking, Anthony

200533221559_lig_babyblue.jpg

200533221751_lig_cumb.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Beautiful pens. Your latest Cave Creek Casting resin will be a big hit, I predict. And the cumberland makes for a very "manly" pen...like I ought to have it lying next to my Napoleon brandy in the study. [8D]

PenWorks

Lou, no finish, just sanded and buffed. Really nice material to work with, easy to drill, cut and finish. The only down side, smells like burning rubber the whole time your working on it. Has a nice warm feel in the hand.

WoodChucker

Anthony, your pens look great! I really like them both but the bottom one is my kind of pen. I'm curious, what are you doing different now, to deal with the Oder's? Thanks for sharing!

PenWorks

RT. Not sure what odors you are talking about. I still shower twice daily [:D] But the casting has all been done on the weekends outside. I noticed by doing this in the sun, it gels them a little quicker.

My shop tonight still smells like burnt rubber.

Gary, that blue almost matches your gloves [:D]

Thanks for the comments, you guys are just way to nice lately. [8D]

PenWorks

Hey Mike, while the chill is still in the air in your parts, you should come and visit your friend here, and give me a pipe carving lesson [:D] I need it.

Now I know why you started to make pens [:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom