My Last Emperor Kit, Sigh!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wdcav1952

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
This Black Titanium Emperor was made using a nice piece of Kingwood I got at Beartoothwoods. I love the kit, but unless I sell some this is my last one for a while.

Comments welcome,

20063713630_Kingwood%20Black%20Titanium%20Emperor.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tseger

Nice pen William. Couple of questions, what finish do you have on this pen?, Why are these not selling?,price?, people don't like the style? On second thought, I guess that was a dumb question(why are the not selling????) Oh well, I like the pen!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Tim,

The finish is Enduro. The sticking point for me on selling is two-fold. First, the kit is expensive, so the selling price needs to be as well. Second, I'm a lousy salesman, always have been! [:(]

Gary Max

Bill that's a real good looking pen, that is a very sharp piece of Kingwood. I do not make that kit YET--- just because of the price tag I would hang on it and I know that the pen would sell someday. Just like to turn them a little faster.

UKpenmaker

Excellent choice of wood and kit William. [:D]
I know exactly what you mean about the kit and trying to sell them, it can take a lot of work to try and shift one. I don't know why though as pens that look that good should sell themselves.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I would lay a little side wager that the emporer kit will come down in price in the next year (after the next Christmas season, when we will all be buying it, hoping to sell). While certainly some will sell, I believe CSUSA is making a far greater percentage markup than the penturner can. So, after everyone has made enough of them to satisfy our own desire to excel, we will come to the realization that our marketing targets(craft shows) are not going to BUY this, at the $100 or greater level. So, when little sells, little will be bought. Specials ensue.

Marketing 101! You're welcome.

Oh, and Cav, that's a great-looking pen and worth over $100, but there aren't a LOT of people walking around with $100 "no-name" pens. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom