Red Bud

crotchmaple.jpg

Crotch Maple

centamerrosewood.jpg

Central American Rosewood

buckeyeburl.jpg

Buckeye Burl

bogoak.jpg

Irish Bog Oak (helps having a brother-in-law who's an Archeologist !!

bemaple.jpg

Birdseye Maple

Any critiques, pointers, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking. (I'm still working on my photography skills...)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

It appears your are making significant progress with your quality of work. Nor sure, but it looks like a ca finish, and if so, you have done very well with it.

Fit and finish looks good in all the photos. You may want to consider a less 'busy' background for the pics. This one takes my eye away from the pens toward the shadows, etc.

Nice job!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Im not sure of other memebers moniters but your pictures are to large to see a pen at one glance i have to scroll down to see a whole pen. You might resize your pictures down a tad. that will help with the overwhelming background a little also.

ragz

nice progress so far
The one critque I have at this point is make sure you sand with the grain between grits. You have some slight sanding swirls that your finish mostly cover. Other than that nice fit and finish!

StephenM

Thanks everyone. Next time I'll grab something other than an old bath towel for a background.

ragz - I do all my sanding with the grain and couldn't figure out where the swirl marks were coming from. I finally figured out that it's the Mylands friction polish. No matter how many coats I put on or how many times I sanded back with the grain with 4x0 steel wool, the next coat got the swirls. I finally switched to BLO and CA with the birdseye maple and the swirls are now gone.

Top Bottom