My Intermediate Pen(and its sister)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

Here is my Intermediate pen and a 2nd I made a little bit different. I am proud to say that almost every thing I have learned about making pens has come from this site and has been freely shared. Many great artist are here and I truly hope to someday be able to share a 10th of what you all have shared with me. Comments and Critiques are always welcome and as always thanks for looking. Phil
scallopedpair010.jpg

scallopedpair033.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Honestly I am surprised you would be willing to do the Holly, Blackwood, aluminum thing more than once. Great job!

louie68

Nice looking pen, and may I say the one on voted for all along !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SDB777

Gotta ask....how many hours did these take?

Worth every second!! Really like that you used constrasting wood types AND metal to seperate them!

Scott (super pens these be) B

firewhatfire

FIrst of all thanks for all the comments. I have about 9 hours in each of these pens. I believe I have counted 77 pieces in each pen. They are time consuming and really fun drilling.:eek:

Phil

Gotta ask....how many hours did these take?

Worth every second!! Really like that you used constrasting wood types AND metal to seperate them!

Scott (super pens these be) B

Yes dear I will be up after I glue these 50 pieces on.
Those are some awesome pens!!! 32 scallops per pen + the aluminum between + the aluminum bands then pray they don`t fall apart. Great work!

reiddog1

These are absolutely beautiful. I was going to enter the intermediate division contest, until I saw the first pen posted was this one. Let's just say that I was quite humbled and decided to wait til next year. Great job though. After that many hours, I would be sweating bullets trying to drill and turn it. You got nerves of steel. The million dollar question is, epoxy or CA? Inquiring minds.....

Congrats.

Dave

firewhatfire

Oh dont not enter based on my entry. Always look and try something new. Thats how I have made it to this stage. small steps alot of mistakes and occasionally a pen.

As far as the burning question I have heard so many good and bad things about CA and Epoxy I decided to use 2 sided tape.

Just kidding I used thick CA for my all my glue up

Thanks for the comments

Phil

These are absolutely beautiful. I was going to enter the intermediate division contest, until I saw the first pen posted was this one. Let's just say that I was quite humbled and decided to wait til next year. Great job though. After that many hours, I would be sweating bullets trying to drill and turn it. You got nerves of steel. The million dollar question is, epoxy or CA? Inquiring minds.....

Congrats.

Dave

Top Bottom