My head hurts- Split Infinities

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greenmtnguy

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Another of our new line of laser cut blanks- Split Infinities. This was done by coloring the total blank with food coloring and lightly sanding the highlights. Multiple coats of CA and a buffing.

1_Split_Infinities_pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
They will be sold at Exotics, but it will take us a while to get them in production. We are constantly adding new designs as we think of them. Laser cut into hard wood.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
That is beyond cool! Mind sharing some more of the process to make them? Are these going to be sold at EB? Very,very,very,very awesome!:biggrin:

LOL .. I think they're almost sold out again :eek:
Can't make them fast enough, but I haven't seen them posted yet. We're
looking to see what other people come up with for colors and techniques.

workinforwood

They look great guys, although some of them are just a slight bit beefy in the center. I have tried a few times in the past making blanks like these..conceptually speaking, but not the same designs you guys have come up with, but either way I can't figure out how to get my scrollsaw to cut them yet. I'm sure there is a way, I just haven't stumbled on it yet, and I have a feeling if I ever figure out a way, it's not going to be worth doing any quantity of. That's great thinking with the laser. fun watching you play with colors too, remind me of wall paper, but obviously cooler.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I have tried a few times in the past making blanks like these..conceptually speaking, but not the same designs you guys have come up with, but either way I can't figure out how to get my scrollsaw to cut them yet. I'm sure there is a way, I just haven't stumbled on it yet, and I have a feeling if I ever figure out a way, it's not going to be worth doing any quantity of.

I have wondered the same thing, because long before we got the laser, I
was looking at your work, back to my scroll saw, back at your work, back
to my scroll saw.. so I went and took up casting instead.

I have no idea how you do what you do now, let alone trying to do it
on pen blanks with a scroll saw. I would think you'd need to somehow
get the arm inside the tubes! Yeah, certainly not something you'd do
in a few minutes. I'll take the 'lazy way' with the laser. :tongue:

drjpawlus

Wow that is cool! I think I had a seizure looking at it though. Still no idea how you did that. I best stick to brushes.

Top Bottom