My "Guitar Pen"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dexter0606

dexter0606

Built this pen after seeing some of Han's handicraft!
Hope you don't mind Hans.
I originally modelled it after an American Strat that I own that has a jade green body so I made the cap from green malachite tru-stone. The look wasn't quite there so I settled for a curly maple cap.
The barrel (neck) is Maple with a Pao Ferro fretboard. The frets are .015" aluminum. The fret inlays are Tagua nut that I turned down.
The pen is a Churchill sterling silver kit. Finish is 10 coats BLO/CA and final polish with Hut polish.

Thanks
Jeff

Attachments

• pen 83 - 1.jpg
    pen 83 - 1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 376
  • pen 83 - 2.jpg
    pen 83 - 2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 363
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Great work! If you want to make more, I have some abalone and MOP fret markers that work nicely.

dexter0606

Great work! If you want to make more, I have some abalone and MOP fret markers that work nicely.
Hans
How big is the MOP and abalone?
I may be interested. And thanks again for sparking my interest with those beauties you make
That looks great. I'd like one for my son. I wish you could take pictures with a little more light.
John
I'll try to get some better pics and repost

Jeff

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Hans
How big is the MOP and abalone?
There's a little trick to make MOP or abalone circles almost any size from any shape large enough. Find a drill bit the diameter you want. Grind or file the bottom of the bit flat. CA, hot melt, or tape a piece of MOP or abalone to the bottom of the bit and chuck it on your lathe. Lightly sand until the diameters match. If CA, dissolve off. If hot melt heat slightly or peel off, if tape just peel off.

Nice pen BTW

Top Bottom