My Guitar Finishes..." Sunburst "

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I made these to put in the guitar shop next door, as they match some of the guitar finishes at my brothers guitar shop.

Sunburst.......Natuaral.......Tobacco...All on Birdseye Maple
This is the birdseye, Chris at IAP had for sale. :)

The colors were created using the Chesnut spirit stains from CS

]

2005115202510_DSC01202.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Holy jingles, how do you make these so fast? I'm starting to think you like doing this stuff. [:D]

Well, once again you came up with some winners, there beautiful to say the least, very nice work!

R.T.

PenWorks

Thanks, 1000 posts [:p] Just a bunch of hot air and time I should have been working at the office and found myself straying over here instead. [:D] I mean what's more important, trying to make a living and provide for my family or playing and talking pens [:)]

Chuck, there won't be no tutorial. the instructions that come with it are pretty good. The stuff dries almost instantly. The key to using it, is applying the stain, then sanding back and reapply. The tobacco was stained completely black, then sanded off to leave some dark spots and the yellow was applied over it. The Sunburst, was six applications of yellow & red, yellow just putting it on and sanding it off.

Thanks for the coments. Anthony

Gary Max

Anthony they look great. I guess I need to check this Stain out.
I wonder if it would work on the harder than heck Oak I have--Hummmm???
Grads on reaching a 1000.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Want to try something really neat... put some chestnut spirit stain in with Minwax wood hardener when you vacuum stabilize some soft burls or spalts.. but only do it to blanks that you have drilled... you get some really neat color changes... I did it on some real dry soft curly redwood, used yellow dye and got a real nice effect... I will have to get the pen back and photo it... I gave it to my wife's friend... it is an interesting experiment..

Daniel

I think you should send the Tobacco one to me. I have an actual tobacco burst Gibson Les Paul to match it :)
they all look good.

PenWorks

Scott, if you ever need a PRS let me know. My brother had the largest PRS sales in the western region for 03 & 04. He is going to the NAMM show in LA this month and the PRS booth is unbelievable. My Privite stock in my album came from last years show.

Thanks for the comments, the birds eye maple Chris had was real nice. I bought them with the intention of slabbing them for knife handles, but couldn't help but make a few pens too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom