For My Friend Joe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Sometimes a project can take on a life of its own, some times a project can make your heart stop and you have to remember to breath, sometimes you are lucky in life to have a reason to feel those things from a project.

I have been working on a pen project now for about 9 months. I lost a work friend to cancer last April, Joe died from brain cancer, he was a truly wonderful friend.

After his passing his three sons committed to the Ride To Conquer Cancer, a ride from Toronto to Niagara Falls and back. Together the boys raised over $40,000 in their dad's name.

190672_10150125820509792_189285814791_6061651_2059782_n.jpg

I decided that for this year I wanted to help support their cause with something I could create in their dad's name. So I decided to do what I can do best, I decided to make pens, in the family name and have them numbered.
IMG_9377.jpg

The pens will be donated to the family next week. The boys told me they would plan a banquet dinner to celebrate their dad and launch their fund raising for their 2011 Ride, so the pens are done in good time.
IMG_9379.jpg

I have started to breath again, knowing the work is done and that they will help support the cause gives me great peace, you see, I am the lucky one, 23 years ago this week I was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer, Joe would tell me I helped to inspire him through his journey.

God Bless You Joe, We miss you buddy!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Katsin

I'm sure his family will appreciate how you poured your heart into those pens in honor of your friend. Sorry for your loss.

MartinPens

That's a great way to honor a friend and be supportive of his family. Great work. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Top Bottom