My Freestyle Pen Loser

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from THarvey

THarvey

This was my entry into the Free Style Pen contest. Turned from one blank of Persian Turquoise Tru-stone. Only the kerf of my table saw blade was removed from the middle. The original blank was the exact length needed, less two 1/8" cuts. I replaced much of the exterier hardward for a gold Sierra.

Made a jam chuck using an 8mm dowel and painters tape to turn the closed end finial and grip. All of the math involved in drilling the blank was a lot of fun.

The first time my wife saw this pen, she laid claim to it as her Valentine's gift. :biggrin: Guess that beats buying a box of chocolates.

Thank you for looking. Comments and suggested improvements welcome.

Attachments

• Freestyle Pen - 1.jpg
    Freestyle Pen - 1.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 211
  • Freestyle Pen - 2.jpg
    Freestyle Pen - 2.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Freestyle Pen - 3.jpg
    Freestyle Pen - 3.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 132
I just am thankful my wife hadn't seen your pen. It would have given her the wrong ideas... My wife also laid claim to my entry but I informed her it was going into my collection and made her something else. You're a nicer man than I.

With your turquoise and my Double closed end Cholla and the other beautiful entries I think we belong to a rather elite group of losers/winners. I had myself pegged as coming in 13th though.

Top Bottom