My first wooden CB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

I decided to try my hand at a wooden CB today. A macasser ebony slimine with a padauk CB. Let me know where I screwed up, so I'll get it right next time. Sorry about the picture quality, I decided to scan it for convenience.

2005311214531_padauk%20band.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom McMillan

Dave---First off---I think that looks very unique!!! I like it a lot---but, really would like to see a little better photo of it if you have a chance to try that. It looks like there's a lot of reflection in the photo that makes it look bent to me in several spots---I'm sure it's not really bent. Also, with such a dark pen---I would think a lighter background would help it to show up better.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Tough to get em to write upside down.
You did such a great job on the pen from what I can see.
With all the black,I aint too crazy about the paduk.
Can you do a similar CB in the ebony?(or no CB).
I do see a hint of brown in the bottom(on this picture,top on yours) but it doesn't look like there's enough brown to carry the paduk(which is normally orange)
It really is hard to tell from a picture, but that is my first impression.(what do I know)
(BTW somethin needs cleaning those white specks are distracting)

20053120644_ebony.jpg
<br />

timdaleiden

I really like the contrasting CB. This pen reminds me of Scott Greaves "Lady in Black" pen. From what I can see, the pen looks pretty cool.

I do get dizzy when somebody posts an upside down pen though. Thanks for flipping it around Eagle.

tipusnr

It looks like a Darth Vadir pen!! Really cool!!! I like the contrasting centerband as well as it breaks up the overall image and adds focus. Are the sides really flattened or is that a visual trick?

Woodnknots

It's a visual trick. I scanned it rather than messing with my camera. I'll get a better pic of it tonight and repost. Thanks for all the replies/critiques!
Originally posted by tipusnr
<br />It looks like a Darth Vadir pen!! Really cool!!! I like the contrasting centerband as well as it breaks up the overall image and adds focus. Are the sides really flattened or is that a visual trick?

Daniel

I gotta say, The scan is a better image, but don't give up on the photos. you only have to get it right once and if you kept track of what you did. you just repeat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom