My first Vertex

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mark

Mark

This is my first Chrome Vertex (PSI) pen. It's wrapped with Cherry Pie (WC)
Finished with sanding, MM to 12K, then polished and waxed.

The click mechanism was jammed straight out of the packing. I replaced it with an old Parker pen click mechanism I had salvaged from an older Parker pen.

In the pix, there appears to be a knick in the upper end cap. I checked. It's a reflection from something. Nothing on the pen.

Thanks for looking. As always, good & bad comments are appreciated.

Attachments

• Vertex 001.jpg
    Vertex 001.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 370
  • Vertex 001a.jpg
    Vertex 001a.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 280
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jon-wx5nco

That's a nice looking pen. I just purchased a cherry pie blank and I have been thinking about what kit to put it with.

PaulDoug

Darn, that is a pretty pen! I like that blank, goes real good with that kit. I forgot I have a couple of those kits somewhere. Makes me want to dig them out. Nice pen!

ToddMR

Mark this is a great looking pen. I think the kit looks pretty cool, and that blank looks awesome! I really am diggin the colors. Great job overall!

Papa mark

Mark great looking pen. I have seen the Vertex in the last catalog and now I know for sure I will order some of them. Good job, love the colors.

Mark

Thanks much. I initially made it as a demo pen.

However, my wife sold it today @ work and has a request for the same blank on a pair of matching Elegant Wall St.'s. There goes my last Cherry Pie. :frown:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Bah.. you can always buy more.. and if she sells those, you can still buy more!

I think it's the kind of kit that needs careful matching with both blanks and shape.
I think it might look good with a blank that has metal in it.. either gold thread or
maybe an M3? Black w/ gold web TruStone? Or even a deep burgundy pearl blank..
I'd probably go bushing to bushing, though. (if I ever managed to get lathe time..)
I dunno.. I think the kit grows on you!

NICE!!

I like your pen. How does the clicky part work now? I usually like the twist pens. I have had click pens that did not work very well.

Did you get this out of the Penn State Catalog? Jim

Mark

I like your pen. How does the clicky part work now? I usually like the twist pens. I have had click pens that did not work very well.

Did you get this out of the Penn State Catalog? Jim

Thank you for all the kind words.

The click mechanism is out of an old Parker BP. The mechanism that came with the pen was jammed (right out of the package). I took the old parker apart and adapted the click portion to the Vertex. It now works great.

Yes, PSI sells them.

Top Bottom